External Trans Cooler

GrndNatnl

Regal of the Dark Order
I'm finally looking into an external trans cooler, and would like to run it inline with the one in the radiator as advised.

My question is, which trans cooler is the best but easiest to install in terms of connectivity and fittings? I see a lot of people talk about the B&M SuperCooler, and I've been considering it. They're like 2-core, and pretty thick. Where's the best position to mount it? And how do you run it in line with the radiator cooler as far as the fittings on the trans lines, etc? I hate adding too many couplers, reducers, and such, because they're just asking to spring a leak.

Whats a good cooler and the best way to plumb it in? I'm looking for something that I can do without spending a full day fooling with lines and fittings. Any details on this is appreciated. TIA

Way back in teh stone ages I had the B&M unit on my belated 87 T. It mounted on the cross braces in front of the condensor just to the RH edge of the grille opening. All I did as far as plumbing was undo the factory line where it meets at that short 90 from the radiator. Was about a 3 hr job from what I remember and that was dragging my feet. I want to say ATR had the cooler and GN specific install kit, them or eastern performance.

They were (along with ATR and Kenne Bell) one the first to offer turbo v-6 goodies. They're actually under www.espperformance.com now. Like I said, this was WAAAYYYYY back in time (87-88)

Oooooh.. yeah ESP. I knew that. ;)

I flipped through the ATR catalog, and they do have a supercooler and a seperate GN installation kit. I'm just not sure which cooler it is, since it has the barbed fittings for hose to clamp on, and some of the larger ones have NPT fittings. I'm sure its plenty, so I may end up just ordering everything from them. I'll inquire about the cooler just to know whenever I call.

Thanks for the help!