External Fuel Pressure Regulator Mounting Location

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Just wanted to see where you guys are mounting a and putting your external fuel pressure Regulators. I know some have them attached to the rail but im looking at other locations

thanks

I used a Fuel Lab regulator on my 67 Firebird/LC2 hybrid and mounted it under the coil pack so it was hidden. I liked the Fuel Lab reg because it was straight thru meaning the inlet was on one side and the return was on the other side instead of the bottom which takes up more space and is harder to plumb.

Firebird094.jpg

Took my wiper motor out & located mine there, heres a quick pic....just mounted it so didnt finish hooking everything up when the pic was taken

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 226
Just wanted to see where you guys are mounting a and putting your external fuel pressure Regulators. I know some have them attached to the rail but im looking at other locations
thanks

How about mounting it on the frame?

My race car has it on the DS frame behind the firewall.

On an E85 car we are building, it will be on the pass side frame as we use the stock 5/16" vent line as the fuel return for this street car build.

Personally, I rather NOT have fuel lines running up in front of my engine. :)

Also, a hard line from the intake manifold to the fuel regulator is used for a dependable vac/pressure source for the regulator. Or you could also use a hard plastic push-lock line if not near any exhaust pipes.

If you are paranoid about fuel pressure like I am, you can install a sensor to monitor as you drive, or log if you race.