extender chip

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
hey guys im not really that familiar with the extender chips and had a question. would it be better to get the one that allows u to read 768grams/sec of air or the other thing that tracks/adjusts a/f ratio? which is more accurate? i would think metering every bit of air would make for a very accurate a/f ratio. but wouldnt tracking the a/f ratio also do the same? also, what kind of flow would 768 gm/sec equate to? i got a older Q trim 72 and ported GN1s. would they outflow this chips metering ability? anyone know what 768 g/sec air equates to in HP?

hey guys im not really that familiar with the extender chips and had a question. would it be better to get the one that allows u to read 768grams/sec of air or the other thing that tracks/adjusts a/f ratio? which is more accurate? i would think metering every bit of air would make for a very accurate a/f ratio. but wouldnt tracking the a/f ratio also do the same? also, what kind of flow would 768 gm/sec equate to? i got a older Q trim 72 and ported GN1s. would they outflow this chips metering ability? anyone know what 768 g/sec air equates to in HP?

If your talking about the Gen2 or Pro Translator, and using a wide band to input to it for a/f tracking, thats the best. Just using an extender alone allows the MAF to not max out, but the fueling is still to what is programmed in the chip, which may or may not be right on, but the Gen2 and Pro allow you to program what AFR you want at 8 different rpm ranges, so you can lean it out or richen it up where ever you want.
Not sure if the 72 will blow more than 768 g/sec or not, I'm sure Bob Baily can tell you, might want to go over to the Full Throttle website/forums and check or post it there for him to answer.