Explain this to me please!

faster

Back in March my flawless 50K mile, 95 LT-1 Caddy FLW gets rearended by some black kid in a yellow 95 Nissan Maxima with his mom's plates on it. He puts some 10-12 year old through the windshield. The kid gets out and is throwing up from the concussion. The driver gets the kid, tosses hm back in the car and takes off sideswiping a Camry trying to squeaze through cars.

Cops showed up and say there is nothing they can do because no one held the kid. So no one can prove it was him driving. What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Five people get the make, model and plate number along with all five witnesses picking him and one other out of lineup as the possible driver.

Cops check the ER's and no one is brought in matching the descrition of the youth. I asked them why they did not check the six possible schools the kid would be going to but they did not think of that. Great detective work boys!

Fast forward to this week. My wife calls Gainesville PD and asks how the case is going. The detective informs her they have nothing new but the kid was stopped again for a traffic infraction in the same yellow Maxima (he got it running again). He was cited for no insurance and the same stolen tags he had when he hit my wife and then was let go by the cop. What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The story from the kid last March was someone stole his car, drove 12 miles to his mom's house stole her plates, hit my wife and ditched the car. Now the cops have him in his car with the stolen tags and they let him go again?

So the detective tells my wife the kid never showed up in court or paid the tickets and the city has a warrant out for him for that but not for hit and run and child endangerment.

Friggin lazy cops!

Not you Brett. LOL

Mikey

Sadly, the criminals get better treatment than the good law abiding citizens do.

Guess you'd been better off keeping a ball bat stashed under your seat and then give old boy a few whacks on the head to knock some sense into him. But then they'd haul you off for assault.

Now see how fair and well thought out the judicial system really is?

Bet if you grab him they come and arrest you for assualting a minor. Then the other ones sues you for the damages your car cuased him. Or if you hold the other one too.. they hit you for other charges.

I think your better off having the hit and run. That way medical injuries sustained dont come back to you. In such a letigious society sometimes right and wrong can be an issue.

This is why in today's society the good samaritan gets trampled over. Tons of stories about someone helping extract a person from a burning/damaged car and then the person they saved going after them for damages.

Your only choice is disabling the car that wrecked into you.. as far as putting your hands on anyone.. good luck.

they didn't want to do anything about it because they didn't want Al Sharpton coming to town to make a big speach about racial profiling..