Experience with Century Transmission?

counterman

Folks, I just yanked my pos 200 from my GN this morning. It is suffering from a poor local rebuild, and it has not been right since I put it in. As if to prove to myself what I knew was a bad idea, I bought a load of parts and had my local "performance" guy do the build. Yep! That WAS a bad idea. Anyhow, I am considering shipping this thing to Mike, as he is the closest of many good vendors to me. He is still 400 miles from me here in South Louisiana. Let's hear experiences with Century. I need to know that I am doing the right thing for a change. Thanks, Counterman.

You are going to PAY for a Kurtz tranny, but once it's in you will know why.

+1

Another board member on here had Mike do his trans probably 8 years ago and that thing is awesome. We installed the StageRite when he got the trans back and his car is kick a$$. :) Don't hesitate to send to him.

I ran One if his trans for a few years. Had him build alittle over stock and it was awwsome. Then I upgraded everything else and overpowers the tranny a d snapped the intermidiate shaft. But the trans was great for the power I told him I was. I would not hesitate getting another from him

About 7-8 years ago, heck maybe longer than that. A local buddy had zippers on his 2004r tranny since a "local" guy was doing it. I didnt want to bother with the local guy and heard about Mike when it was called pmac .

My trans went south, i pulled it out, sent it from kansas to texas, got it back in about 1-2 weeks. It was expensive compared to the local guy, i think it was around 1500.00 back then.
It was worth it, trans went in ONE TIME. Worked flawlessly for 6 years and thousands of street races and drag races. Put over 30,000 miles on it and i should have changed the fluid more often.

I wished he was local, shipping was about 120 each way.

Would i do it again,.. you betcha i would! :cool:

BW

Thanks for the input, fellows. I crated it up and shipped it yesterday, and UPS shows that it hit the door at Century late this afternoon. I am very confident that this will be a good fix. Mike's reputation has been solid gold on the many TR boards for years. I had been preoccupied with other stuff this year, and was just making sure that Century was still well regarded. Thanks a million. Counterman.

I'm just north of you for future reference. Mike does great work you won't be disappointed.