exhaust

delcreek

this may be a dumb question, but i have some poston headers on my car and was wondering if im supposed to weld the cross over pipe where they meet. i thought they fit pretty snug but i may be wrong. my car is not idling well and i have heard a lot about vacuum and exhaust leaks and thought this might be the fix. anyone out there with poston headers?

I dont believe they are supposed to be welded. If the press fit bothers you I guess you could always use a stainless band clamp

If it were that bad of an exhaust leak I would think you would be able to hear it.

this may be a dumb question, but i have some poston headers on my car and was wondering if im supposed to weld the cross over pipe where they meet. i thought they fit pretty snug but i may be wrong. my car is not idling well and i have heard a lot about vacuum and exhaust leaks and thought this might be the fix. anyone out there with poston headers?
i have heard someone else mention POSTON HEADERS...but i have come up empty on any search for them any pics and where do you find them??

i have heard someone else mention POSTON HEADERS...but i have come up empty on any search for them any pics and where do you find them??

Poston's is out of business.....most likely you will have to find a used pair.......

Poston's is out of business.....

Good. They burnt me for a GN facts n figures book...it must've been at least 15yrs ago well before the internet and I sent a $40 postal money order. Time went by and I finally called them and a woman with a thick drawl answered the phone,told me they changed locations and all their old mail was probably sitting in a pile locked in the old place, "sorry yer SOL". I never could locate the reciept to see if it was cashed. Cool story huh?.