Exhaust tech. Advice required

Jonuk

Hey everyone, excuse the following 'really daft' questions, especially from someone who has done so much work on his car but i'm having some trouble with a) translation and b) whats best !?

My N/A 3.8 V6 (no ecu) Buick is nearly all up and running and i've been looking at the exhaust after breaking two studs in the downpipe, replaced those and thought i'd give the exhaust some attention/upgrade.

Can anyone recommend an good set of headers, i'm quite interested in running twin pipes with an 'h' pipe or balancer pipe between the two, but i think you guys in the USA may call this something different :confused:, as i havent see anything on the web for it.

The car has a stainless pipe from the cat back but i want to de-cat the car as they're not needed here and mine is rotten !, is there such a product off the shelf and if i want to run twin pipes is there a kit for this ?

i only really need a 'generic' kit that will bolt in, or i could go to a local (UK) stainless shop and get one fabircated if there really is nothing else to it ?

any comments on what makes a good exhaust on a N/A v6 ?

You can run dual exhaust with a balance tube/H-pipe. I had one on my '76 Cutlass. As for headers, keep your eye on eBay. I see them there somewhat regularly. I believe you will have trouble due to the transmission crossmember. Likely it's only notched on the passenger side. You can add a notch or run the pipe under it which will look less pretty but still leave a decent amount of ground clearance. The balance tube needs to be as far forward as possible. Here are some pics from Torque Tech's website for a V8: http://www.torquetechexh.com
TorqueTech%20rtside1%20by%20Milo%20Hardin.jpg

ExhaustSystem2%20by%20Milo%20Hardin.jpg

TorqueTech%20rear3%20by%20Milo%20Hardin.jpg

TorqueTech%20closuprear%20by%20Milo%20Hardin.jpg

cool, thanks for the pic links too, i'll have to see what i can do about the crossmember clearance as there is not a lot of room under my car :)

can anyone throw any brand names into the mix that are known to be good ?

thanks Aztlanahauc, those pics are nice and clear too, i can make my own cross-member like those shown and save a small fortune on shipping, just need to sort out which Trans i have, but will price up buying one first as i'm getting a little lazy !

many thanks