Exhaust recommendations

oc192

Hello All,

I'm looking to freshen up the exhaust system on my ride. I currently have a Y-pipe off of my downpipe that goes to 2 rusty mufflers and then over the rear axle and out behind the rear tires. I would like to change this up a bit and have a 3in pipe come off of the down pipe and connect to a single muffler with 1 inlet and 2 outlets. Then run 3 inch pipe from the outlets and have them exit right in front of the rear tires or use turn downs.

My goals are to remove the piping over the axles, remove the 2 rusty mufflers, gain a little deeper/louder tone and maintain performance.

1) will I lose any performance or sound with the a single muffler ( 1 inlet/2 outlets)?
2) What would be the best muffler for this application? Magnaflow? dynomax?

Thanks,
Don

I run a gn1 performance 3 1/2 " external wastegate DP and had a 4" custom single made with a magnaflow 4" Oval muffler with a short turndown right before rear axle . I love it . I know somebody might make a 3" single exhaust , n go with a gn1 3" DP . They fit nice. He might also sell 3" single can't remember. N sells test pipe also.

I had that exhaust real nice system but that exhaust is real quiet , sold that system to my buddy for his stage 11 build he wanted quiet and it is . In his post he wants more rumble , then single is way to go , I use a lot of Rjc products , Rjc makes a real nice 4" exhaust you can go to his site. , you can watch a video of startup I think

I have the RJC one that is posted above along with his 3"DP and I love how it sounds. Great quality and fitment I get a lot of compliments on how it sounds.

If you are up to the task, create your own mandrel bend single shot 3" from d/pipe to end w/ no muffler. Sounds good with minimal cost and you can tack weld or use 3" wrap clamps to join sections.................

Best sounding exhaust is the GN1 Dual 3 inch cat back....
Look up TR Custom parts and get it from Mark. I have had it for 7 years and it sounds great.

Look up TR Custom parts and get it from Mark. I have had it for 7 years and it sounds great.

X2, also have the same, and Mark is a great vendor

Yeah I agree with that , that's exhausts screams

Try Nick Micale on the board. Very nice system.

Its so much more fun pulling 6 lengths on the non-believers and it is quieter than their big V8.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Mark's dual 3in and RJCs single 4in go over the axles. I am looking to remove the over axle piping and have it exit before the rear tires or turn down. Does a single inlet / dual outlet muffler have chambering in it that will reduce flow? Am I better off getting 2 bullet style mufflers?

Most of if not all the exhaust systems each vendors sells have flow thru mufflers, which have little to no back pressure. They wont impede the flow.