exhaust ques.

nickyt

i like my 85
Looking to get a new exhaust system for my car. I know that the original headers flow well, but should I invest in a new set that flow better? The car is stock, and im lookin at a 2.5 inch exhaust system. Thanks for the help.

Summit has the hooker cat back for 300 with a test pipe 2 1/2 inch alum. coated. As far as the headers the pass. one is the problem, i personally wouldnt change it till you put a bigger turbo on or the header is cracked. If you can afford and find get a 3 inch dp. JMO.

headers

The headers on the intercooled cars are pretty darn good, however the headers on our hotairs are not, especially the passenger side header, which is basically junk. headers are a good mod to do, and so is a larger downpipe, either the atr 2.5" piece or if you can find one maybe a larger 3" keith mease or lee thompson downpipe, although the 3" units can be rather expensive. It would also be wise to upgrade the exhaust further back like you mentioned, if you are going to upgrade the headers and downpipe, that is the next link in the chain to replace. hooker makes a decent setup for a fair price.

Thanks for the help! I guess my next move is to look for that downpipe, i think i am going to go with a 2.5 inch.