Exhaust modification

Jonuk

does anyone have any guidance or opinions on this idea.

I have a 231 (3.8) V6 N/A and i would like to run dual pipes, can i just junk the crossover pipe at the header on the left hand manifold and fit a stock (?) dual exhaust kit from another model (which one ?) I'd like to fit a balance pipe or 'h' pipe up front too just to even the pressure out.

In my mind i cant see a problem, maybe the crossmember ? but i'm a bit blinkered as i really would like a dual system on my car for cosmetic reasons more than anything else.
Is there an aftermarket dual exhaust i can just buy or do i need to have one made up ?

thanks

Exhaust

How about a dual system from the Cat back? You will need the Cat for the MOT correct? You will not need the balance "h" nor a new transmission mount crossmember with this setup. It will give you the look.
Diver

that sounds like a plan, also something i had not considered. :)

I dont need a cat on my car as its pre-1982 so i can junk it (its rusty as heck anyway ) is there an 'off the shelf' cat back system you can recommend or is it something i should just get made up ?

Since you don't need the cat a straight pipe would work. As to what make, it depends on what is available in UK. Any G body type would fit, chevy, pontiac, I would get one in 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" with the mufflers under the backseats. in UK it maybe easier to have one made up.
Diver

ok thanks, i've been told there is a magnaflow distributor over here somewhere so i'll check them out, other wise i'll build my own.