Exhaust Housings.....

Realspool

I thought that the Precision Housing was more expensive around 200$.How much for the .63 Garret Housing??I thought the Precision housing was alot more money.They don't make the .63 Garret any more right?? I still think with a street car that is not to radical but is modified a little like mine would like to have more bottom end response.Every body has different opinions but how many times am I going to use top end power on the street?Hardly at all. The only thing is i might get a Vigilante 3200 single disc converter.I am unsure how if this would take up the slack from my Precision Housing.I think light to light racing on the street, the Garret .63 has better street manners although I never had one on any of my turbo's but I have been in a stock GN and it spools very nice unlike mine.Any other guys have opinions between these 2 housings as I am preparing to swap Housings to the Garret??

I gave you my opinion. Depending upon the particular turbo, converter and other factors, the PTE housing will soften up the car on the bottom end.

My understanding is that the reason turbo suppliers have gravitated towards the PTE housing is that the Garrett housings are becoming scarce.

This is not an indictment of the PTE housing - it is simply my observation, having gone from a 49 with a Garrett housing to a 44 with a PTE housing on an GN having a stock D5.

IME, the Garrett housing is a better choice for a lightly modified, smaller turbo, tighter converter, street only situation.

If you still have your stock housing, take it off and send it in to be machined for the 44 turbine. Was about $75 a few years ago from Limit. Replace the PTE one.

Limit machines them for around 75$I have never hears from Limit.I live in PA.?One thing I don't understand that the Precision has a t-4 turbine so would a stock .63 Garrett fit on my PTE-44???

So Gn the .63 Garrett housing will would work with my PTE-44 turbo.Another thing the guy i got the Garrett .63 from said it came off a T63E turbo.I have never heard of this turbo.Do you think he meant TE-63 turbo:confused: If that was the case being a TE-63 turbo would that housing still have to be machined or not?The guy I got it from said it would not have to be machined.confused:

Originally posted by Realspool
So Gn the .63 Garrett housing will would work with my PTE-44 turbo.Another thing the guy i got the Garrett .63 from said it came off a T63E turbo.I have never heard of this turbo.Do you think he meant TE-63 turbo:confused: If that was the case being a TE-63 turbo would that housing still have to be machined or not?The guy I got it from said it would not have to be machined.confused:
Anybody know if this .63 Garrett housing would work on my PTE-44.Thanks for all the replies.

I guess alot of guys do not know if this Garrett .63 housing will fit on my PTE-44 turbo.Being that it was from a T63E turbo does anybody know if i can use this .63 Garrett housing on my PTE-44 Turbo:confused: