exhaust help

civicsmasher3.8

smokin' more than tires
i bought these headers off of this guy performance 2.0 on ebay and the crossover pipe does no fit its not bent right and the flanges do not mate up :confused: was wondering if anyone else had a problem like this and was able to unearth a solution. u can even call me at 330 284 5769 please im in a real bind i work all the time and my car is stuck in my buddys garage and im running out of time

What type of header. Atr style? How much did you pay for them? Do some searching in forums. Lots of fitment problems with ebay headers. Kinda like you get what you pay for. ta performance sells some nice headers but not cheap.good luck

I concur...you get what you pay for. There is way too much R&R done by our vendors and too much real world experience by the board members themselves to not pay attention to what works and what doesnt. I am not being critical or trying to belittle you..I have done the same thing on a few parts back in the day and wasted ALOT of $.

I myself have bought a few things that were peices of crap but I did so to save a few $$. On these cars you cant cut corners. Take those headers and stick them on the shelf as a reminder of what not to do then call Nick at ArizonaGN and get some of his headers. Perfect fit, no leaks and they sound nasty!:cool:

Yeah and they'll set you back about one large. The stock headers have been in the 9's several times.

The stock headers have been in the 9's several times.

Haha that's the real unfortunate thing, all these people arguing over ebay headers, vendor's headers, cheap -vs- expensive, when most of these guys buying headers don't even need them! If your stock ones crack just weld them up.

Two options as I see it, (Working With What You Have) as long as the flanges will mate with the headers if off the car, try to mount one side to the header to determine how far the other side needs to move. Mark the crossover to indicate where it needs to be, and take it to a local exhaust shop and ask them to bend it.
Option two, cut the crossover into two, cutting out a small piece if it needs to be shorter. Mount the two ends to the headers and again determine what needs to be bent, if anything. wrap a piece of thin metal around the gap and use a wide stainless band clamp to hold it together so you can drive it to a shop to get it welded back together.
Either way it's :mad: :mad: :mad:
Good Luck :biggrin: