Exhaust help

bdogge23

Can someone tell me if the four studs that come out of the Cat that the Exhaust pipes bolt to are replacable or if they are part of the cat.
Im having a heck of a time getting those bolts off and want to replace them when Im installing the new system.

Thanks in advance

They are mounted on the cat, just remove the nuts use lots of Kroil or penetrating oil should be 15 mm nuts. I used antisieze on the bolts when I got them off.Good luck

They are mounted on the cat, just remove the nuts use lots of Kroil or penetrating oil should be 15 mm nuts. I used antisieze on the bolts when I got them off.Good luck

That stinks... I can see I'll be in for a loooong fight with these... Thanks

Hi,
As I recall, those were originally removeable. At this point, getting them out probably depends on your level of perseverence.I broke one of mine, then just drilled it out and put a bolt and nut in it's place.A torch helps alot in these situations. Good luck!

I had to cut through the studs to get mine off and the car probably had about 30k miles at the time. All the penetrating oil in the world didn't matter.

Never had to worry about it, Illinois no longer does emissions tests on cars this old, so I'll never have to run a cat again.

If you can't get them out I would imagine you could just cut the studs off and weld on some new bolts.