Exhaust Gasket Info Needed

Hi temp rtv

Do you guys recommend using the Hi temp rtv on the gn headers also or should i use gaskets?

thank you

Do you guys recommend using the Hi temp rtv on the gn headers also or should i use gaskets?

thank you

From my experience I will from now on just get them milled flat and use the RTV. However, I would probably not have a problem running these copper header gaskets. http://www.cottonsperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=EXC1&cat=90

If they made copper ones for the TTA, they would probably still be on the car and not have blown.

My $0.02.

Jason

I sell the graphite gaskets by Remflex and have had good luck with them. Assuming the TTA heads would use the same header gaskets as the TR???? I run 24 - 25 lbs of boost with alky, no blowouts as of yet. Have to be careful on tightening them down.

Gaskets

Mark, I picked up a set of these and I think it said 10-14 ft. lbs to torque them at. My dumba$$ didn't catch that part till after and I torqued them to the factory spec of 37ft lbs. Nonetheless, I took it off and I was very surprised of the durability of the gasket and how it conformed to the exhaust ports on the head. I saw every imperfection (from previous sanding) on the head, and even after overtorqueing them like I did, they held up nice and strong. I may have to pick up another set. I just cant see not using a gasket unless its perfectly flat, and mine definitely isnt.