Exhaust for a Dauntless Buick 225

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
Almost posted in a Jeep forum and then thought hell if anyone would know you guys would.

Have an odd fire 225 in my '52 Willys Jeep. It is stock, but will be adding a little cam and a 390-450 cfm 4 barrel carb later. Maybe around 200hp.

Question is on the exhaust. It has fenderwell headers with the smaller 2.5 collector reducers and then to 2" turbo mufflers and each exit in front of the rear tires. Real short system. I going to a 12" flowmaster HP2 muffler(see pic). My exhaust guy says go to a 2.25" muffler, but I want to stay at a 2". I think it will be quieter and have more bottom end. Since it a true dual exhaust I figure 2" will be plenty.

What do ya'll think?

$T2eC16VHJFwFF,EY8gQ6BSelyfQW2!~~60_12.jpg

I doubt running 2" will effect performance much, unless you spin the piss out of it all the time. I wouldn't recommend spinning an odd fire above 4 grand very much though.

On a mostly stock 3.8 I had, the dual 2" was almost too big. The bottom end wasn't very good but then again it never was so not sure the exhaust hurt it any. Had the same type of headers going from 2.5 collector to a 2" dual exhaust with Flowmasters. Sounded pretty cool for a low compression 6 banger. I would stay with 2" and be happy.