Everyone running a front mount on their hot air!!

1QUICK85

Big Old Turbo Turd!!
Is it possible to run a cold air induction with having all of that front mount piping going right through the engine compartment??

Has anyone found a way to do this??:confused:

Anyone have any ideas that they have been throwing around or should I just forget it?

TIA

Nick

I'm going to be trying something...

I have an intake to cut up, so I think I'm going to cut off the top and hollow it out.
Then I'm going to put a new inlet located at the front of the intake and weld up the back.
Reclock my TA33 so it faces forwards.
Run some pipes from the turbo and intake down by where the stock fan is.
Throw in an electric fan.
Bend the pipe up under the rad and weld up a modified stock intercooler as a front mount.

I do NOT want to deal with the problems of relocating the throttle body and accessories and such, I'm currently waiting for feedback on this project and then I'm going to begin taking measurements.

Will be doing a re-ring and re-bearing of the engine with ported heads and new top end parts as well. This should all be going down over the next 12 months or so.

I figure this with my current tune (TA33/009's/ATR DP/AFPR) should put me deep into the 12's or maybe even the high 11's. Should be a fun project, and I don't think it will interfere with my Big Mouth cold air kit at all...

I used to have a front mount & a cold air kit

I used to have the spearco frount mount setup on my car and then switched the spearco around to a 86-87 stock location. I made a homemade cold air kit and I used the MAT sensor (for what their worth) to measure the difference. The MAT is a part of the 86-87 ECM switch-over and that is really the only way I knew about the results. The results were pretty interesting. For reference purposes I have the MAT sensor in the hole in the breather snorkel that the hose from the oil filler tube used to be connected to. Most people cap that hole off, I used it for my MAT sensor. Before the cold air kit, the MAT readings would actually go up towards the end of a run now they go down from 15-20 degrees from the starting line to the finish line with cold air kit.

my site can be found here

www.members.aol.com/mccjazr

sorry for not updating my site in a while been away at college. I am now home for the summer, but working as much as possible to be able to afford a paint job on the car.

Thanks for any response or any ideas that you can think of that might make my design better so I can try them.

Jerry Berger Jr.

You can always have a cold air kit no matter what intercooler you have. With the Spearco setup it's a little harder, the intercooler pipes go right where most cold air setups go. But you can always run it to the fender too. I like the old Kenne Bell setup because it houses the filter in the engine compartment, not near the ground and surrounds it with a canister fed with cold air but it's not sealed with the filter. It lets dirt and water blow past the filter and there's no chance of it becoming a restriction at WOT.

Do they make KenneBell cold air inductions for hotairs? I've never seen one!:confused:

pics?

Anyone got pics of their KB cold air kit installed? id be interested in seeing!