Ever hear of "Poppy"?

turbosam6

My cars suck
My neighbor has a perfect mint condition t type, and recently had a bunch of bolt ons put on it. He said he took the car to some guy called "Poppy" in Indiana. I've never heard of this guy, but apperently he lays claim to having the fastest stock block buick at 9.5x in the quarter. Now, my neighbor wouldn't know a stage motor if it hit him in the head, so I'm thinking bs on the stock block thing. But anyway, who is this guy? He set my neighbors car up with Reds chips and a static fuel pressure of 48 with the line off.He can't figure out why it seems slow. Its so rich it is dumping fuel, but with his nifty bosch 02 sensor, he gets new ones warrantied. I'm thinking maybe this guy hasn't picked up a magazine or been on a computer in a few years. Anyone hear of this guy?

dave poppy runs a 87 gn stage motor with champion heads still runs a stock ecm he lives in ohio, nice guy he runs in mid nines, he has been running a buick for a long time and he knows what he is doing, he runs a lot at muncie dragway, muncie indiana. he does work on turbo cars, probably the same guy,:cool:

I figured it had to be a stage motor, or someone would surely have made a big deal about a mid 9 second stock block. He did nice work on my buddies car, he must have just turned the fp up so he wouldn't lean it out. Better safe than sorry!

poppe

pop pop popawheelie thats what my daughter calls him. he can buildem and tearem up as fast as the rest of us. I helped him change a nitrous induced blown head gasket in the pits way back in 89 or 90 at the nats. really nice guy. still running the stock ecm massaged by red for big inj and a stock mounted stretch intercooler built by his good friend Mark Jackson I.E the Jackson stretch intercooler. dave played a big part in my dad becoming so hooked on making his car go faster and faster they were quite the rivals back in the day. dave is good people. Dad calls him mr. rev test cause he is always under the hood reving the motorup looking and listening for the optimum tune.