Ethanol in all Hawaii's fuel?

pvt num 11

Finally driving it
Anyone's car jacked up by burning it? I'm wondering if my car troubles are due to this 10% Ethanol crud I'm filling my car with - or am I delusional and we've had it all along? I'm just now seeing the stickers everywhere.

However, it's just alcohol, right? Why would this be a bad thing for our cars to burn?

Alky is good for Injection, but not sure if its good mixed in the Fuel it might lower the OCTANE Rating just a thought but not sure about that. Gas Mileage Sux I know that

My wife is convinced due to some circumstantial problems a lot of people seem to be having. It's making some press, not all of it good. My BLM's are at 150, and I'm getting codes 33 and 45.

What fixes BLM's?

I've been getting an average of 1 mpg less in gas mileage since the ethanol blend started, lucky you live Hawaii I guess?:rolleyes:

First it's an EPA requirement in areas with high ground level ozone to use an oxyginated fuel. The choices are MTBE or Ethanol, initially they chose MTBE but it started turning up in drinking water so they were forced to switch.

We run it in my truck and the wife's car with no ill effects, not because it's of Smog but because it's cheap.

Ethanol in 10% is pretty harmless and it's been around for 10+ years. Methanol in 10% is corrosive to fuel system components.

Haveing said that though alcohol is hygroscopic so the regal which sometimes sits for several weeks at a time doesn't get it.

Shrug. All I have to go by is the coincidence that my car seemed to run better off of Aloha and other "generic" fuels, then it did with Chevron. Maybe it's the Techron and other additives?

Besides, other guys inject alky to keep knock under wraps, so I didn't quite understand how Ethanol would be bad anyway. Probably a coincidence, and I'm no closer to figuring out why my car ran like garbage. I'm just happy it's running better now.