ESC Module

GNeric

Ok. Finally tracked my problem down to the ESC module. Cannot find one anywhere. Delco warehouse says they are unobtainable now but were $72. Standard Ignition wants $238 for one of theirs if someone can find one. Borg Warner Ignition is trying to locate one and that is $82. Going over the wiring schematics, the wiring placement and colors are identical, just wondering if anyone knows what the calibration difference is between hotair and intercooled. I have 2 extra hotair ESCs and the calibration stickers are gone off them but part numbers are 16022614 and the 87 ESC module is a 16051654.

Just sent an email and hopefully someone will know something. Much appreciated. :)

I have 2 extra hotair ESCs and the calibration stickers are gone off them but part numbers are 16022614 and the 87 ESC module is a 16051654.

Use one of the hotair ESC filters. The '87 ESC is nothing more then a cost reduced version of the '84 - '86 ESC filters. Otherwise the same spec's.

You can test the ESC system by bringing the engine RPM up to about 1200 and rapping on the block. Use a mallet or wood stick (broom handle?) to do this.

The RPM should drop a bit from the knock retard and the scan-master/scan-tool should report knock.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I will try one. I am getting 0 knock on ScanMaster and my OTC 4000E. With my old ecm when it would cut out and pop, the Check Engine light would flash and could never retrieve codes. Installed different ecm with a TT chip and this time it gave me a code. Traced wiring and integrity of wires and it has to be the ESC module. Pretty much everything else on the car has been gone thru at least twice now. Thank you VERY much. :biggrin:

Use one of the hotair ESC filters. The '87 ESC is nothing more then a cost reduced version of the '84 - '86 ESC filters. Otherwise the same spec's.

You can test the ESC system by bringing the engine RPM up to about 1200 and rapping on the block. Use a mallet or wood stick (broom handle?) to do this.

The RPM should drop a bit from the knock retard and the scan-master/scan-tool should report knock.

RemoveBeforeFlight