Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio Guitar/Step In Guitar Gods . .

KWIKR 1

I just picked up a Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio for my nephew . and before I give it to him I would like to upgrade it to get a real nice killer tone out of it . He plays a lot of Heavy Metal and rock . Should I upgrade the pick ups to something like a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Humbuckers and wireing as well , if not with what ??? thanks . ** This kid is 12 years old and can play , by no means is he a beginner . He's already in two bands and gives lessons at the local music school in town ** .

specs :

Epiphone Musical Instruments - Goth Collection

I, personally, would go with a Bill Lawrence bridge pickup. My Dean From Hell has the best sound I have ever heard out of ALL my guitars. My Dean ZX is getting one this summer along with a Floyd Rose double locking tremolo. The BL pickup has great bottom end and great highs. I have a Peavey amp right now and will also be getting a new Marshall this summer and have tried the DFH with that amp. Never disappointed me one bit. I am into Pantera, Queensryche, Breaking Benjamin and such sounds and despite the drop C tuning for BB, it can hang with the sounds of those bands and much more. :) I am almost 41 and playing since I was 11. Been in a few bands and even recorded an 8-song LP before our other guitarist lost 2 fingers.

I, personally, would go with a Bill Lawrence bridge pickup. My Dean From Hell has the best sound I have ever heard out of ALL my guitars. My Dean ZX is getting one this summer along with a Floyd Rose double locking tremolo. The BL pickup has great bottom end and great highs. I have a Peavey amp right now and will also be getting a new Marshall this summer and have tried the DFH with that amp. Never disappointed me one bit. I am into Pantera, Queensryche, Breaking Benjamin and such sounds and despite the drop C tuning for BB, it can hang with the sounds of those bands and much more. :) I am almost 41 and playing since I was 11. Been in a few bands and even recorded an 8-song LP before our other guitarist lost 2 fingers.

are you refering to a Bill Lawrence L500XL Black humbucker ?

That is the one. Sorry about not posting the number. AWESOME pickup. Love it. I have some Seymore Duncan's in my 1976 Aria Pro II flying V and they have almost the same sound but just a little short to me on the low end. Also great highs but the BL is the king to me. :)

That is the one. Sorry about not posting the number. AWESOME pickup. Love it. I have some Seymore Duncan's in my 1976 Aria Pro II flying V and they have almost the same sound but just a little short to me on the low end. Also great highs but the BL is the king to me. :)

so... what would I actually need . and where is the best place to buy them from ? I guess I'll get what I need and take them to a Guitar tech for install . Is there not also a wiring upgrade you can do on these as well ?? This is sort of all new to me . :) Thanks .

I have that exact guitar, but the Gibson Les Paul Studio version.

I paid around $1299.00 five years ago for it.

Solid body Gibson sound! It's the GNX of guitars!

imgres

I have that exact guitar, but the Gibson Les Paul Studio version.

I paid around $1299.00 five years ago for it.

Solid body Gibson sound! It's the GNX of guitars!

imgres

yep that's what it looks like . Has that Evil Sinister look to it . :D NICE !!!! what pickups are in that ?

I just picked up a Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio for my nephew . and before I give it to him I would like to upgrade it to get a real nice killer tone out of it . He plays a lot of Heavy Metal and rock . Should I upgrade the pick ups to something like a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Humbuckers and wireing as well , if not with what ??? thanks . ** This kid is 12 years old and can play , by no means is he a beginner . He's already in two bands and gives lessons at the local music school in town ** .

specs :

Epiphone Musical Instruments - Goth Collection

if you are going to get the seymour duncan setup let me know, his son and I are really good friends and I see him every other week, perhaps i can get you a really good deal through him. ;)

if you are going to get the seymour duncan setup let me know, his son and I are really good friends and I see him every other week, perhaps i can get you a really good deal through him. ;)

For sure...... many thanks!!!!!!!! shoot me a price on a matched set of Seymour Duncan AHB1 Blackouts . Please let me know . this kid is going to do back flips when I hand it over to him all set up with the new pickups . :D :)
:)