Entertainment Weekly BOYCOTT!!!

turbojustin

Ninja
While reading the April 25 Entertainment Weekly I came upon a rather interesting note. Please refer to page 14 if you would like to follow along. In a section entitled "Hot Sheet" E.W. lists entertainment tidbits that have occurred recently.

Number 5 is of utmost significance...
"SEAN PENN
Someone stole his 1987 Buick in broad daylight while he was eating lunch. Thankfully, his '79 Celica was safely parked at home."

Please, someone tell me that a '79 Celica is not the biggest piece of sh!t that I recall it as being. Please tell me that E.W. is comparing the Buick GN to a respectable car. Penn does not really own a '79 Celica, does he? I know it has been previously discussed that Penn is an ass, but put your views of him aside and tell me if my interpretation of this article is correct or not. I hope my sarcasm is unwarranted in this article.

:mad:

I would take it as sarcasm.

But, to the world that doesn't know, an 87 Buick isn't worth much more then the few hundred dollars that the 79 Celica is worth.

Well hell, if thats the way it is then I think he should just give me the GN so I can appreciate it like it should be and he can have is stinking '79 celica.

That little section of EW is a "tongue-in-cheek" look at celebrities every week, it's ALWAYS sarcastic!

If you REALLY want to be pissed, read further in the same issue (I don't have it in front of me at the moment, sorry), there a similar section to do with the MONEY involved with celebrities--in that section, it lists what the GUN that was stolen was worth, but NOT the Buick!

Penn's GN

There was a short article in one of the Bay area newspaper's last week that mentioned Penn's GN was stolen in broad daylight, parked in front of a bank on a main street in Berkeley, CA. He came out from having lunch and found it gone. In the car were two loaded pistols including a Glock 9mm; (think it said) the other was a .38. It did mention that Penn had a permit for the concealed weapons. He lives in Marin; they don't allow 79 Celicas on the streets up there!!!