Engine Upgrades

RayLight

85 Regular v6 Coupe Regal.

What Are Some Good Performance Upgrades You Can Do To The V6 3.8l NONE Turbo.

Want Something Good not insane performance or a price tag.

Intake and carb, headers and exhaust, good ignition. At that price, a small block chevy like we mentioned before would make more power stock than the V6 with money spent on what I mentioned.

Intake and carb, headers and exhaust, good ignition. At that price, a small block chevy like we mentioned before would make more power stock than the V6 with money spent on what I mentioned.

I Probably need the mounts for the chevy or is it straight bolt in?

The engine mounts different. The holes are already in the frame for them though. Don't listen to anyone telling you to put a small block buick in there either. Thats a bad move.

need to change the computer too ?
Yes if you go w/an lsx everything. You might check the "for sale" section or the lsx section on this forum in case some is selling there ls combo's to go back to the turbo v-6. If none available, you might try buying a wrecked donor vehicle and thereby having everything necessary to make the transition. then you can sell off the parts to help pay for the swap.

Yes if you go w/an lsx everything. You might check the "for sale" section or the lsx section on this forum in case some is selling there ls combo's to go back to the turbo v-6. If none available, you might try buying a wrecked donor vehicle and thereby having everything necessary to make the transition. then you can sell off the parts to help pay for the swap.
We were talking SBC but not an ls swap. The young man is on a budget.

Ray, there is no computer to change with a small block motor unless it's fuel injected, which you want to stay away from for cost reasons.

So here are some options for you.

If you are on a budget and want some more power and reliability, a good old small block is the budget friendly choice. If you are savvy you can search fro all the parts you need, build the engine even break it in and runit before ever opening ghe hood of your car. You can make great power, good economy and the thing will live almost forever. They really are hard to screw up. Find someone close to you who can help. If you are near me I am more than willing to help.

If you have bigger budget and want some more cool / reliability / eceonomy then you can go for the 5.3 to 6.0 LS swap. These make great power excellent reliability and once complet are just like having a new fuel injected car. It will take a little more time, a good tuner to help you out but the cost will a little more with some extra time to do the swap.

Plenty of info out there on both these options, just choose what you can afford.

Hope this helps.