Engine/Trans Cleaning

HotAirGN

I have quite a bit of oil and trans fluid built up from my 87GN creating a large amount of gunk on the underside of the car. I want to get everything cleaned up underneath so I can track some possible leaks. What chemicals should I use that is safe on both the transmissions aluminum, and the block and undercarriages steel? I'd rather not use a putty knife all day or the gasoline with brush tricks.

Any leads...

I use pruple power full strenght

I throw away soft brush

A power washer

Ensure engine is cool.

some work but gets the job done.

Be proactive for corrosion control post degrease with that purple power. And will cause bare metal to flash rust quick.

I was also told to use purple power by a friend, just wasn't sure if it would eat up the aluminum or not. Figure I leave everything coated for a while, then get into scrubbing

find a shop that has a lift and a hot water pressure washer.. pay them a few bucks, and in a few minutes every bit of grease and grime that was under the car will be gone.
otherwise you can lay on your back all weekend with degreaser and water dripping down all over you.. the choice is yours..

Meguiars Saf-D-Greaser and a foaming sprayer. Downside is it only it probably won't be at your local auto parts and it only comes in a gallon but it makes 16 gallons.

PakShak's Formulon 1 APC Concentrate is IMO more effective than Simple Green or Purple Power. It's non-toxic, biodegradable, and safe to use on aluminum parts. Problem is it's expensive, $35 bucks a gallon and only available through PakShak "Formulon 1" Micro Fiber Cleaner 32 oz Concentrate. But if you get it you can throw away all your household cleaners, engine degreasers, microfiber cleaners, and carpet cleaners. This product will replace them all :D

PakShak APC Group Buy... - PakShak Auto Detailing Forum