engine swap

onmyway87

Ok guys I have a mangled 87 t type with a great drive train..I was thinking of swaping the drive train into a 87 limited that I have ..just wondering the degree of difficulty considering everything that will have to be swaped ..any help would be welcomed...thks ...

Not to hard..There is a few things you will need to change. If it was a V8 limited, you will need the V6 motor mounts for the crossmember,complete harness and the turbo gas tank as well. I just finished one of those projects. If you attempt it, and have any questions just PM me..Good luck

Ok it sounds not too painful..I was told I would need the dashboard also because of the wiring ..and in all honesty the wiring is the only reason I haven't attempted. So many plugs and sensors..but I think im going to take a stab at it ..thks

Is your limited a factory turbo car sans the engine? The turbo cars have the tach in the dash and a speedo sensor. (not sure if any other cars had a speedo sensor in the dash) You'll also need the turbo 6's wiring harness from gas tank to engine compartment unless your car is a factory turbo car.

I just finished my build and i didnt need the dash harness...you just need to run a wire from your injector harness to your fusebox to the empty swithed ignition slot with a spade.(This is done if the car was carburated. And for the gas tank you just need the fuel injected sending unit and a baffled tank.

No the limited is a factory V8 non turbo car. I think I want my dash just for the simple fact it looks alot better. I am going to PM u when I start the swap the this weekend. Im quite sure I will have sum questions

The fuel lines come out of the frame on the passenger side, so you will need to jump them to the driverside.And the front springs need to be changed to V6 coils or else the car will sit high in front and ride stiff. (Notice my fuel lines from pass. side through the crossmember to driverside to the motor).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us