engine rebuild

aftexan75

I was trying to sell my original block in here and have decided to keep it and just rebuild it so that the #s match. Anyway, the questions i have are does anyone have recommendations. I am keeping the stock injectors, intake, TB and turbo. I will probably go with a different cam but being new to turbo buicks i have no idea what type to go with. Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by aftexan75
I was trying to sell my original block in here and have decided to keep it and just rebuild it so that the #s match. Anyway, the questions i have are does anyone have recommendations. I am keeping the stock injectors, intake, TB and turbo. I will probably go with a different cam but being new to turbo buicks i have no idea what type to go with. Any help is appreciated.
Since the other parts are going to remain stock, I would prolly stay with the stock cam. If you are going to change it though I would opt for a mild grind....say a 205/205 or similar bumpstick. That will give you very good low to mid range power. HTH.

Thanks for the info. I just dont know a whole lot about these yet, since i have only had one for about 7 months. So any help i can get is great.

Originally posted by aftexan75
Thanks for the info. I just dont know a whole lot about these yet, since i have only had one for about 7 months. So any help i can get is great.
Welcome aboard! There are some very knowledgeable people on the board. Turbo Regal Web Ring is an invaluable resource also. I have spent a lot of time there and continue to go there often.

If money isn't an issue, go with a Comp 206/206 roller cam. They run really nice. Perfect for a stocker and no cam wiping worries to be had........