Engine rebuild advice

Luckydog32

I have an 86 gn that I have had since 97 quit driving it about ten years ago I plan on new headliner fresh paint tranny and engine rebuild. I would like to increase hp up to about 300 -400 range not looking to go racing just like good street machine any suggestions and comments

I have an 86 gn that I have had since 97 quit driving it about ten years ago I plan on new headliner fresh paint tranny and engine rebuild. I would like to increase hp up to about 300 -400 range not looking to go racing just like good street machine any suggestions and comments

Leave it as stock as you can.. put good valve springs in .. replace the stock timing chain with another stock unit.. redo the oil pump timing cover with correct mods..

either convert to E85 (pump, chip, injectors) if you have it near you ( first choice ) if not get a Alky Control kit and enjoy your 300 hp.. if you want a bit more up the turbo to a 44
fuel it with a pump an injectors add in a Turbo Tweak chip and enjoy your 400 hp..

no reason to add a bunch of parts for 300-400 hp.. mostly stock is fine.. just pay attention to the tune more anything ... I.E . SCANTOOL