Engine Oil additive

wordy1

I have a 1985 Chevrolet 305 LG4 with under 25k on it, sad to say that it has only had Jiffy Lube oil changes over the years.. trying to decide between GM EOS and Justice Bros. Engine Tune up. Thanks guys,,

I was sold on the ZDDPlus that Kirbanperformance.com sells. Also available on ebay and other sites I'm sure.

I've used EOS w/no problems.

Hope you have decided not to let the Jiffy Butt Lube guys touch your car anymore.

I know well enough to not let anyone change my oil, especially not Jiffy Lube.. no need to blame me,, the previous owner did those oil changes... Am going to run Valvoline Max Life and either one of those additives for awhile... Not sure where I can find EOS anymore as I'm told that its discontinued which is why I was considering Justice Bros... but I haven't been able to find it anywhere either...

not to hijack, but does anyone use the lucas oil stabilizer? dad uses it in his SBC and swears by the stuff. just wondering.

don't bother with the additives- just use the same oil you'd use in your turbocharged Buick. you need the good oil for the same reason- the flat tappet cam.
either get a diesel oil like Delo or get the Mobil 1 "High Mileage" oil that still has the "SL" rating.

Oil additives

There have been about 50 million posts on ZDDP/oils on this site (http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/226565-oil-zddp-supplement.html is one). They should be reviewed.
Most do not recommend diesel oil because of its additives. SL oils, although they did contain some ZDDP, did not meet the required level. SM has almost none. If you want to add EOS (p/n 88862586) as your source you can find the cheapest cost at gmpartsdirect.com (but their shipping is high). However, for an everyday driver, you will find it more economical to add ZDDPlus. Kirban has a bunch of distributors found under Welcome to Kirban Performance Products