Engine Lift Plate

Hi Everyone,

Need some quick info. I'm pulling the engine and trans out of my GN and wondering if a standard universal lift plate is used to lift the engine out or do I need something special?

thanks

Someone used to make a real nice basket style that went under the plenum.

you can pull with a plate from the intake once the plenum is off , champion racing makes one in aluminum for that or use a universal plate
i have never used an intake plate but have used a strap under the intake to pull engine and trans together (even an old seat belt tied will work ), lately i use a strap made from old shoulder belts from a 5 point safety harness and i use the tabs that would normally anchor the straps and just put them on the exhaust studs ,

I used a universal plate from Jegs , bolted to the intake. Worked fine but I pulled motor alone and stripped it down quite a bit of accessories. When it went back in it was almost complete with no problems too. I had to drill holes in the plate too but I expected that. Trans was left in the car.

I made my own with 2 lift points to be able to adjust the tilt of the motor with a load leveler . http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...n-capacity-heavy-duty-load-leveler-67441.html
DSCN0373.JPG

Two OE lift brackets one in the stock location and one across it in the back.
With my luck I'd strip every bolt and break the intake.