Engine Guys...... Please, I Need Advice

DoWork

I'm not sure how many of you had seen my intro thread, but a lot of kind folks have been trying to help me out with some of the issues I inherited when I purchased my car. Heres a link if you want more background on it:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/member-introductions/308492-hello-central-wi.html

Before I begin, I feel as if I should provide a little more background on myself. I am only 24yrs old, but I have love GN's since I can remember. In fact, my first Hotwheels car was a GN, and I still have it to this day. In fact, it sits on the very desk I am sitting at right now. I had dreamed of owning one for years, until my dreams came true last October. I came across what I had thought was a good deal, so I snatched it up. I found out today how wrong I was. Now, I am not looking for a shoulder to cry on or anything like that. I made a childish mistake as I was overwhelmed by finally finding a local car that I could afford. Another day, another lesson learned I guess.

Originally, I was told that the car was a fully built car. I was told it had a "reinforced" 4.1L in it, a fully rotating assembly, etc. I asked so many questions that I thought I had all my bases covered. As it turns out, the guy I bought it from was a complete liar. I later found out that a buddy of mine who owns a VERY reputable shop in the area put the car together, but I never asked him much about it. I just trusted the original owners words. I stopped in today to talk to my friend, and he handed me an envelope. My day went downhill from there. The motor was a fresh rebuild(has maybe 1k on it by now), but, it was rebuilt with OEM equivalent parts, and my block is STOCK"ish". The was some truth in his words though, as the rear end is built, and so is the trans.

So this is where I am at now. The car is an older 4.1L block with FULL bolt ons. It has headers, intake manifolds, Accufab TB, ported cast iron heads(8bolt), what looks to be T&D rockers, a small cam, a Turbonetics turbo we have yet to determine the size of, a older FAST EMS, stall converter, full fuel system with sumped tank, etc....

I guess what I am asking is this. Is the 4.1L a good motor? How much can it take? Should I start over and tear it apart? What could I really expect to see on stock internals in this motor and 10lbs of boost? I was told the car will go tens, but, I am really starting to doubt that. The car was originally on 15lbs, but there was some issues with it staying alive at that. I mean, it still gets out of its own way, but it is in no way what I was told it was. I am just lost. What would you guys do?

Sorry about the long post. My pride is really hurt, and I just want to know if I should give up and start over, sell the car and buy another, light it on fire(I'M KIDDING), or if there is a fleeting chance that this car could really do what I thought it would. It just really bugs me that someone would do this to someone who was as excited as I was about this car. It makes me wonder if he can sleep at night.

Please, offer your input on this folks. I want to learn more about these cars, and I guess my schooling starts here.......

Thank you in advance for all your help.