Engine Flooding Really Bad, Help Please

moose

My car after leaving a red light yesterday started flooding really bad. I put a new O2 sensor on it today but still flooding. MAF reading at idle is 6-7 anyone know what would cause it to flood so bad? Won't hardly pull itself. The car idles fine but as soon as i start to give it gas it floods and black smoke goes everywhere. TPS numbers on the direct scan show to be fine while pushing the pedal down. I also checked for vacuum leaks and there are none.

Did one of your intercooler hoses pop off? Inspect them well. Next, what does the MAF read when you try to give it gas?

BINGO!!! You nailed it, the up pipe clamp was loose and it had came out of the intercooler outlet. Wisdom is wonderful, thank you.

Hi ,

Excellent diagnosis! I once ran a turbo buick across town with a popped off up pipe,almost killed the person following me with rich fumes. What a mess!It was at night,just bought the car and couldn't see to diagnose it. Used a half tank of gas to go 23 miles. It's amazing what crap happens over a hose clamp! All turbo cars are sensitive to this; I remember a 740 Volvo that behaved the same way.Also, a SVO Mustang I worked on years ago had similar issues. Keep those hose segments and clamps in good condition,and TIGHT! Once again, GOOD diagnosis.