Engine dies when I hit the brakes...

Dutchboy

I have been having a problem with the engine dying stand in it for a second and then apply the brakes to slow down real fast. I had a guy tell me to put about 10 gallons of fuel in it and see if that did the trick. It did do the trick. He told me that when I apply the brakes that the fuel runs toward the front of the gas tank and the fuel pump looses pressure and kills that engine. I know that It needs more fuel in the tank of course, I would like to know how to fix this problem. Has anyone else expienced this before?

switch

It might be your torque converter lock up solnoid switch. It is not unlocking the converter and loads your motor down when you come to a stop. Also check your brake switch down by the brake pedal to see if its working.

I had this problem with my car. It turned out to be the tps being out of wack. There is certain procedure to set it though so u gotta read about. My car would even die when putting it in gear unless I got on the gas a bit. That gets old at traffic lights. Let us know what it was once u figure it out. G/L. JR

I set the TPS and the idle is perfect. Its when it doesnt have much fuel in it. When I put 10 gallons or so in it, it will not do this.

Sounds like the baffle in tank might have come loose.

Or the tank was replaced with one from a Na Regal somewhere along the line.Check the tank,And if it is from a regular regal,Get yourself a Turbo tank...They are different.

If the car had a manual tranny and it feels like you forgot to push clutch in, it's the tourqe converter solenoid.

How can you tell if it is different? Or atleast what differs these tanks? I have had mine out 100 times..

Just some friendly advice. Make sure it's a fuel pressure issue before you go pulling the tank and worrying about the baffle.