Engine Build reference sheet

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
Is there a one stop link/listing that shows all the stock engine clearances? My machine shop has done a dozen or so of these V6's and they all seem to last and not smoke and make good power, but I still want a reference to give him and for myself to verify. I'm using good internals, but I want to set it up as close to stock as possible as that's how I plan to run it.

Is there also a short list of what to ask the machinist? I already asked about honing/boring with a torque plate but anything else? I know balancing at 50 or 35% is debated, but what other questions should be addressed in a short block build? Heads I think I have a handle on...

Lastly, I don't understand the bearing sizing. Are all bearings wide journal and then we just chamfer the ends for a narrow journal crank? Are stock cranks wide journal then? I'm thinking narrow journal for my build as cranks seem to be more available with various rods in narrow, but I want easy bearing replacement too for longevity sake. I'm planning forged guts, two center billet mains, but no girdle. 600rwhp good to go like this with a good tune?

I know the balancer is needed to balance the rotating assembly but I'd prefer to leave the BHJ on my car. Am I good to have him use my stock balancer just for this purpose or is the balancer I'm actually going to use required? I'll get a new sfi flexplate. I believe they sell them external balance now.

Any and all opinions appreciated.