Encounter with turbo Supra (To be continued????????)

Addicted2boost

SUCK, SQUISH, BANG, BLOW
Last friday about 1pm I had to go to the bank and came to a stop light and a absolutely beautiful white Supra was there. I want one sooo bad. He had a larger exhaust and some pillar gauges, but other than that when he just drove normally I could hear the whistle :). Too bad I was in my 150K daily driver beater Fiero because I wanted to race him soooo bad!!!!! Saturday night about 7pm I went to the video store which was in the same area I had seen him the day before and I came to the excact same light and he was there again!!!!! This time I was in the GN. <evil grin>I was just pulling up to the light and it had turned green. I throttled at him so he could hear my turbo. I have no muffler and straight 3" exhaust w/gutted cat. Loud whistle :) I looked at him and saw a person in the passenger seat and they immediately looked my way due to all the noise from my car. Anyways there was 1 car in front of us both. He freakin turned off in a grocery store parking lot. I HAD to race this car. I went up the road and cut through the video store parking lot where I was supposed to go. Went to the grocery store parking lot to find him. His car was parked in a handicapped space with running lights and hazard lights on. I went up and down the parking lot isles to avoid sitting in place with all the traffic. Finally about 4 minutes later he comes out and drives away. I felt like a stalker at this point. There was a pos 80's blazer in front of me that was soooo slow. I was getting very anxious at this point to pass him, but didn't. The supra gets on the main drag (no traffic, 2 lanes, and about 3 miles of straight away) and I go about 70 to catch up too him. I noticed a beautiful blonde in the passenger seat. I was throwing revs at him and braking when I was passing him alittle. He slowed down and so did I. He threw a pretty good rev at me one time and turned off into a residental area. DAMMIT!!!! I guess he was being nice with his girlfriend in the car. Good thing too, about 1/4 mile down the road and looking to make a ub, there was a late model white crown vic with huge letters on the side that just turned horizontally in front of me. I think it was just a security car for a rich neighborhood. I didn't see if there was any lights on top of car. I was going speedlimit anyways. But man I was so pissed. I wanted a piece of him so bad. Maybe next time. Stay tuned.

All that and no race. Man, don't do that to me. Hope you catch up with him when he is in the mood.;)

Ryan

I noticed he was 1 car length behind me in the other lane. I think maybe he didn't like my license plate frame. It reads "My Buick eats Mustangs and $hits Camaros" He He.

I had a similar situation happen to me with a Viper. The problem is even though he would not play with the GN, he had plenty of fun showing off to me the week earlier when I was at a light in my 300ZX. I guess some people just hate losing. :)

Supra vs GN

Be careful there addicted, I'd race that Supra from a stop but definately not at 70!! I had (sold the Supra) a twin turbo 12 sec Supra and have an 11 sec GN. My GN would eat my Supra's lunch in the quarter mile, but the Supra is the fastest damn car I've ever driven from 70mph plus. Even though the GN is a full second faster at the track, the twin turbo Supra at highway speeds is a killer!!

Supra TT

I agree with v6power, those cars are NASTY at highway speeds especially if it's a 6spd and from what I've seen most have trap speeds in the 120's with only a couple of little bolt ons... Race him from a stop in a true drag race, unless u like looking at the ass end of the Supra:D

Re: Supra TT

Originally posted by 86brick
I agree with v6power, those cars are NASTY at highway speeds especially if it's a 6spd and from what I've seen most have trap speeds in the 120's with only a couple of little bolt ons... Race him from a stop in a true drag race, unless u like looking at the ass end of the Supra:D

if you havent seen videos of that walser supra...check these out, they make "nasty at highway speeds" sound like an understatement. like they said, use caution with supras! but the cool thing is they are often a little iffy about turbo buicks too, theres some mutual respect for the abilities of these cars.

http://ryan.uneb.edu/videos/new/Walser-vs-900rr.mpeg
http://ryan.uneb.edu/videos/new/Walser-vs-busa.mpeg

Yeah I've seen the videos of Walser's Supra destroying those bikes (including the fastest production bike the busa) and I would definitely say that the Supra is probably the most feared car on the highway with its reputation of beating topend bikes and cars... I would say the Supra is the best turbo car for the import crowd and the TRs and TTAs are the best turbo cars for the domestic guys... I also respect the fact that they can make over 700RWHP on the STOCK bottom end!!!:eek: The mutual respect thing is well deserved cause I believe they've seen some vids of Kent Rudbeck's TR:D

Please find that Supra again and finish the story (of course I'm rooting for the Supra, but may the quicker car win:)). Kinda like going to a strip joint, all worked up with nowhere to go :p!

Even the boneheads at Supraforums (well, 90% of the posters there anyways) know better than to take a TR/GN/TTA lightly.

RWHP

You mean the TR's and TTA's producing 700 RWHP w/ stock bottom end right? Definately not those Supras. Yeah, they're quick as hell. For one, they make a lot of hp in a light-as-hell car. especially with the twin-turbo, but you can only get so much HP out of a 4-banger without blowing it up regardless of what it's made of or how its built. For example, like those new "ecotec" engines people are hopping up and getting 220 - 300 HP out of... they wont last long. A few hits of nitrous and kaboom. Dont get me wrong, I respect Supras too, but I prefer a nice torquey turbo V6, or a V8. All in all I'm a turbo fan.

Re: RWHP

Originally posted by GrndNatnl
You mean the TR's and TTA's producing 700 RWHP w/ stock bottom end right? Definately not those Supras. Yeah, they're quick as hell. For one, they make a lot of hp in a light-as-hell car. especially with the twin-turbo, but you can only get so much HP out of a 4-banger without blowing it up regardless of what it's made of or how its built. For example, like those new "ecotec" engines people are hopping up and getting 220 - 300 HP out of... they wont last long. A few hits of nitrous and kaboom. Dont get me wrong, I respect Supras too, but I prefer a nice torquey turbo V6, or a V8. All in all I'm a turbo fan.

1. The Supra uses an inline 6 cylinder motor, 3.0L (183 cu. inches).
2. Supras weigh ~3500 lbs.
3. Mine made 447 lbs-ft of torque at ~4400 rpm (19 psi).

I can't really figure out what you are trying to say other than to get those facts out.

GrndNatnl

Let me set u str8 on some facts about the Supra's... Much like Lagtime already mentioned it's not a 4cyl. it's an Inline 6 and when I mentioned 700RWHP on the STOCK bottom end I was talking about the Supra's as many guys have made well over 700RWHP... I think the record on a stock bottomend Supra is like 873RWHP!!! The reason they can make so much horsepower on the stock bottomend is because Toyota built the motor with forged internals that can handle a lot more power than cast parts... I believe the pistons are forged as well as the crank and many other parts are really stout and the engine was pretty much over built from the factory with the best components possible... From what I've heard the most RWHP u can make on a STOCK bottomend Buick 3.8 V6 turbo motor is like 600 to 650RWHP which is very respectable, but the Supra does have a stronger bottomend... I think when u mentioned them being 4cyl. u were thinking of the Honda VTECs which I do agree about them being gernades cause I've seen a couple go KABOOM at the track with too much spray or too much boost:D If u want to compare a strong Buick turbo 6 to the 2JZ-GTE (Supra motor) I think the Stage II motors are pretty amazing... I think Duttweiler's made 1,450RWHP on the dyno:eek:

Later...

supra's rule

yeah supra's rule. i belive the stock block can handle a thousand hp, or more? set me strait if im wrong. also, any one know about the main caps bolt pattern stock block? is it 4 or 2? if im right about the hp on the stock block than im guessing 4?

When was the last year they made the twin turbo supras?
and how much were they?

I think 98 was the last year u could buy one in the US and I'm pretty sure they sold for anywhere from 44 to $53,000 (about the price of a Vette)... I'm not sure about the main caps bolt pattern on the stock block, but I would think it is 4 because of all the power and boost it can handle???

Re: supra's rule

Originally posted by SMOKIN86T
also, any one know about the main caps bolt pattern stock block? is it 4 or 2? if im right about the hp on the stock block than im guessing 4?

It's 2.

Are the Supras still made in Japan,,,anyone hae a big tug boat:cool: :D

98 was the last year that the supra was brought to the US, the made Supra's in japan up till 2000 and then they stopped making them over there too, if i could have a supra it would be a big single turbo with about 1,100rwhp but there is no way i could afford to have one.

-Matt-

Ack!!!

My fault fellas.. for some reason I was thinking the Supra's were 4-cyl based on what someone told me before. I know the Nissan Skylines are similar: Having Inline-6, but they're twin-turbo. Thanks for the correction!