emissions testing in KC?

Turbo Brian

What do I type here?
im moving to KC next week for a new job. does KC have emissions testing? if i live on the MO side of KC, will my cars need an inspection to get MO tags? if so, what is inspected?

any other info someone new to KC should know about?

thanks!

No emissions test but you do need a regular inspection. They are supposed to check the front end, lights exhaust, wipers, etc. Must have a cat. unless you know where to get a "shady" inspection. :cool: My car hasn't had a cat. in years. :biggrin:

What area are you going to be working in?

If you work in kansas city or live in "kansas city", you will have to pay an additional K.C. 1% Earnings tax per year to the city of KC.

If you live in Liberty and gladstone area, work in NORTH kansas city, you will not have to pay local KC 1% e tax.
If you work in MO and live in KS, you will have to pay taxes to both states, and vise versa..

I have worked in MO for almost 9 years, and lived in KS all my life..30 years so far...

The cost of living in MO is less than KS.. MO has lower gas prices,property taxes, you can buy a larger home in MO for the same price as a smaller home in KS...

Johnson county and Wyandotte county have the HIGHEST taxes in kansas, when you get car insurance and live in WY county, get ready to bend straight from the hips and take out a small loan... WY is a large county, but has a high crime rate raising your premium for home and car insurance.

As for your car inspection, you will have 30 days to get your car looked at and inspected if you live in MO. I have a phone number if you need one :)

Nothing needed if you live in kansas, as long as your car is already titled in KS...

BW

ill be working in 1 of 2 possible locations, both have a KC, MO address. one is on ward parkway off of stateline rd. the other is on beacon between swope park and 435. guess im paying an extra 1% :( the plan for now is an apartment then a house next year if all goes well when the apt lease is up.

the GN has no cat. hoping that wont be an issue.

You'll be about five minutes from my house! Look me up when you get here. The cat is an issue but not if you know where to go. :cool:

When my car needs an Mvi at my garage it all ways passses. Bring it to Columbia
as long as its safe it should be ok.

Troy