emc fuel pump wiring question

kneeshurt

87 tb all stock fuel pump not working. i went on vortexbuick.com to fuel pump trouble shooting page and everthing checked out but this. there is power going into the emc from emc/ing. fuse but not coming out telling me the trigger in the emc is not working thus not sending that couple of seconds of power to relay. my question is can emc be fixed or do i get a new one i don;t know anything about emcs

did you try putting power to the fuel pump prime circuit to make sure the pump and relay are good? theres a black (i think) connecter under hood near the powermaster (master cylinder) or maybe closer to the back of the alt. on both my cars they were already removed from harness to connect a switch to...anyways if u send power to it (jumper wire from batt or back of alt) you should hear it turn on and stay on as long as you hold power to it.....just a thought to make sure everything else is working......theres also a green connecter behind the alt. that is a tach lead ,dont put power to that one fyi....joel

yes they are good i have the car running buypassing the relay but fuel pump won;t shut off after a couple of seconds when key is turned on like it should. thats ok the car runs fine but i am restoring the car and getting everything to work as it should thanks for reply.:smile: