Eliminating land line phone service

Just like our cars. Just b/c something is "antique" doesn't make it no good.

Completely irrelevant. Cars are machinery either with or without technology. Technology is a completely different animal. If your statement were true you'd be posting here with your Commodore 64.

When I can get a clear signal though out my house and have no delays I'll consider eliminating the land line. At this point the "old" technology still beats the "new" technology in my house.

Completely irrelevant. Cars are machinery either with or without technology. Technology is a completely different animal. If your statement were true you'd be posting here with your Commodore 64.

Coming from the #1 mechanic in Pittsburgh I guess ya know it all :rolleyes: My land lines don't ever drop calls :p Although cell phones are easier to get someone off the line !! ya know what I mean.. huh ??? what ??? I can't hear ya :D

Landlines have proven more reliable than cell phones during and after a natural disaster. The last earthquake we had shut the power grid down for 14 hours in some spots. Cell phones didn't work but my old fashioned landline phone did. The only problem was hardly anyone keeps a landline these days so there weren't too many people we could talk to anyway. Lol.

Coming from the #1 mechanic in Pittsburgh I guess ya know it all :rolleyes: My land lines don't ever drop calls :p Although cell phones are easier to get someone off the line !! ya know what I mean.. huh ??? what ??? I can't hear ya :D

I never claimed to be the #1 mechanic in Pittsburgh and even if I did that's not relevant to this thread either. I wouldn't get rid of mine landline either if I had cricket but I don't and don't drop calls. It all depends on each persons situation. I live In the city and don't worry about service. If you live in a more remote area where service is limited then, ya keep the land line.

I never claimed to be the #1 mechanic in Pittsburgh and even if I did that's not relevant to this thread either. I wouldn't get rid of mine landline either if I had cricket but I don't and don't drop calls. It all depends on each persons situation. I live In the city and don't worry about service. If you live in a more remote area where service is limited then, ya keep the land line.

I agree. I work in the washington area where it starts to get real spread out. There are places with 0 cell service. The verizon lines out in that area suck. Feel bad for the customers. Every time it rains they lose service.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When I loose power, I loose most of my phones with the Verizon triple play only b/c I have cordless phones around the house. No power, no phone except in the basement with the antique cord phone. The Verizon modem has a battery backup good for a few days. I've never lost power long enough to not have service unless the cable is down as well.