eliminating exhaust?

pressured

has anyone eliminated the exhaust and just ran a small muffler and turndown right off the down pipe? or maybe no muffler at all.don't care about noise as the car is mostly track.

thanks Greg

Greg as I was reading your sig all that stuff you have done rpe built gn1 fast 66t and 11:22 best et ??? Sounds like somethiing wrong with your tune there I have a bone stock rotating assembly with just a roller cam an old school ta61 turbo alky 3200 stall with 60pnd inj tt chip and cold air kit and we have the exact same et ???

I know guys used to just put a dump off the turbo through the inner fender onto the tire basically. It looked like crap but they did spool up a lot faster.

i have driven a few cars a lot of miles with only a downpipe and nothing else but they were stock cars with bolt ons. still quieter than most v8's

I see people do the Shorty exhaust with a dynomax bullet muffler and a turndown.
Chops, he can run those numbers and what some would consider low boost and timing. Trapping 127mph is nice and I'm sure he can crank it up.

True that jay I would hope I would hate the guy to have spent all that money especially a new yorker and not have a good tune

I currently have a 4.1 stage motor with a 76 Billet dual BB turbo with a 4" DP leading to a 4" "race" muffler with a turn down. It is obnoxious, and NOT what i think of going fast with class. I will have a 3" cat-back on as soon as possible!

True that jay I would hope I would hate the guy to have spent all that money especially a new yorker and not have a good tune

Thanks to those who have answered the op question. Chops don't worry about the money I spent or my tune.

Thanks Greg

Try just the downpipe first. Add a side exit tube. It isn't bad at all. It was a car at the Midwest challange like that and I though it had a 3" single shot exhaust.

dailied my bolt on hotair car with an open downpipe, no issues... other than it scaring the **** out of pedestrians.

I have just the downpipe off of my car and its mostly stock, not too bad, I can really hear the turbo now and spools up alot faster! I really love it, and it is still quieter than some of the V8's and pickup trucks running around!

... don't worry about the money I spent or my tune.

Thanks Greg

LOL
Yup...the mph alone gets you deeeep into the 10's...
It's that 1.9 on the 60' that took it away from you.

I'm not trying to harsh on ya...so please don't misunderstand the question or intent.

What tires are you running at the track and how are you launching the car?

that was with stock suspension front and rear- shocks, springs and sway bars. just wanted to see what it would do with stock suspension. that was with 275 50 17 m and h drag radials. the car 60 footed better (1.65) leaving off the foot break with 0 boost. the 1.9 60 was trying to leave with 5lbs boost, posted that because that run i had my best et and mph. car then had a 10 yr old converter and a beat up 200r4. now has a t400w/tb and a pro torque converter. suspension now being done afco da shocks front and rear, wolf upper and lower arms and a wolf arb, switching to mt 275 60 15 drag radials. by the way that run was a 24lbs boost from a 66p car now has a 70s