Eliminate smog pump

ZARRTANN

Rookie to site & looking foward to sharing info. I own a n/a 1981 regal w/3.8 and th350 trans. Originally car came w/ smog pump (no longer on vehicle) and emissions equipment. Is it safe to drive w/o this stuff and if so what do I do about air injection pipe to intake manifold and lines coming from cannister ?

Remove all the smog crap of the 80's

Yes I would like to get answers of how much of that crap I can just toss as well. I have an 87 NA 3.8 as well and it has no belt running to the air pump that was part of all the smog bs and want to get rid of the other vacuum lines, cartriges, ect to clean up the engine bay. Mine was purchased w/o the belt on and it runs fine.

It is illegal to remove any emission equiptment according to federal and most state laws. If you're required to go through some sort of inspection you may not be able to pass. Both of you need to come visit the B4Black section and discuss your car. We can help you out.

Mine never had one, its a Michigan Regal. If your state doesn't do emission testing, then toss it... scrap your cat while your at it:biggrin:

You guys who remove all of that equipment are causing this global warming. Apparently we have not moved enought, snow storm, snow storm, snow storm with ice. I'm tired of it.

Remove it all, it will only run better.

You guys who remove all of that equipment are causing this global warming. Apparently we have not moved enought, snow storm, snow storm, snow storm with ice. I'm tired of it.

Remove it all, it will only run better.

FINALLY someone understands.