Electrical problems in Atlanta

SavageATL

My '87 is having all kinds of electrical stupidity. It has a non-factory alarm and non-factory stereo with a sub added and door speakers added, but most of these problems happened before any of that were done.

The dash lights go out when the headlights are on. I have replaced the fuse and most of the time it just blows. The turbo lights also go out most of the time when the the headlights are on (but sometimes they blink back on).
The voltage light flickers on and off sometimes when I drive with the headlights on. I don't notice it the rest of the time. It seems to be particularly aggravated when it is cold.

The gas gauge quit working entirely last week. It always read low (never over half a tank when it was full) and now it entirely died. It's not the sender.

I don't have any idea (nor the time) to trace the problems out, so is there anyone in Atlanta who can help or that y'all would recommend to help? Thanks, Alan (Thomasa4 at fultonschools.org)

Help for you in South Georgia

Hi there,

If you need electrical help just give us a call at Freds Turbo Performance.
Fred is a Master Tech with GM and is a Wiz with the electical systems in Buicks. We are located just off I-75 at exit 32. Call or come see us and our Buick Shop. (229)794-2337. Call after 7pm because Fred still works for the Buick dealer during the day and we work on GN's at night and on the weekends. Or you can call on Sat. between 9am - 6pm. If no answer leave a message and we will call you back.

Thanks,

Kay
Freds Turbo Performance
229-794-2337

Thank you! Unfortunately - - -

Thank you very much for your prompt and generous response, but I looked up Hahira and it is much too far for me to drive with my work schedule- I work on weekends as well as during the week. I hope you won't mind if I try to find someone a little closer.

Thanks again,

Alan