Electrical problem?

turbotype87

okay here is the problem, i have changed out my alternator and changed the battery three times already. The alt is reading between 12.2 to 12.4 amps. the battery is reading 11.82 volts and drops down very fast. the scanmaster reading is between 11.2 for a high and drops down to 7.6 and the car shuts down. It seems to be a problem with the car not charging, obviously . I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem? My stepson seemed to have a similar problem with his car, he had taken his instrument panel apart and had his circut board reworked and never had this problem again. He said that the instrument panel sometimes will pull away from the circuit board causing the alternator not to charge the battery. Does this sound right to you guys and has anyone also experienced this problem? any and all feedback will be appreciated. thanks

Check your "volts" bulb on the dash. Or you can call John Spina at Caspers for the kit to eliminate the bulb.

If the bulb is burnt out, the alternator will not charge. The bulb is part of the charging circuit.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com