Electrical Nightmare

ZR1TR

I took the T to test and tune last weekend. I have been working on the interior so the stereo, backseat, etc had been removed. Made a couple runs just to get everything somewhat tuned. On the 3rd or 4th run I see sparks coming from where the stereo used to be. When I removed it I made sure that the plastic on the butt connectors hid the wires. So it was a suprise to me when it seemed that the hot wire was grounding out on the antenae connection. Boom dash lights go out as well as the taillights and parking/corner lights.

Using my cell phone as a flashlight I was able to replace the fuse and restore the lights. Only problem is now the SES light is faintly displayed for a half second, no other lights flash with the key on. The OIL/CHOKE light is constantly on. I immediately turned it off as soon as it didn't go off, but the VDO gauge showed normal so I restarted it. Motor sounds fine, runs good. Did I fry something electrical or is another fuse blown that could cause this symptom. I want to go back this weekend but not before I resolve this issue.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

zr1tr, that sucks and i hope with the help of some of these knowledgable tr people out there you'll fix your problem...that said don't take this the wrong way but i nearly fell off my chair laughing as i read this post... just the picture you paint with the description starting with the title is funny at first glance... but good luck with it