El Camino ebrake cable

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
In my never ending build I have run across another glitch. I swapped in a 8.5 rear out of a T type into my El Camino, but the wheelbase is about 6 inches longer that a Regal, so now the rear brake cable isn't long enough to reach the front cable. It would seem I have but a couple of options...first, find another El and rob the rear ebrake cable. Second, fabricate a longer connector where the to cables meet under the drivers door, or third use two cable connectors and have a piece of cable made (the ends are swedged on) long enough to make up the difference in the wheelbase. El are hard to find in the boneyards, and I'm not well enough equipped to fabricate much. I'll have to keep the ebrake for inspection purposes, although it won't ever be used since it's flat for 100 miles in any direction. Any thoughts?

Have you looked on evilbay for a pair of cables John? That might be the easiest option here.;)

i dont know how much different they are, but im parting out a 70 elcamino and your welcome to the cables if they fit your needs?

Try evilbay like Charlie said, thats were I got mine. Look Their name is Delco parts direct if im not mistaken.