Eibach Pro Kit

kenny

No turbo, no care.
I swapped the drag springs on my car for the Eibach Pro Kit. Car has a nasty front fender gap. Does it take the springs awhile to settle? :confused:

I want it to look like this:

http://www.oldspower.com/misc/eibach6.jpg

The back sits about even with that one, front has a 1.5-2 inch fender gap. Same size tires, from what he posted the only diff is the shocks. :(

Make sure the springs are rotated into the lock cup in the the lower a-arm. If not set properly they will raise the front end some and make noise also.

Joe

Springs are in the a-arm's correctly. I've checked. No noise. Just sits a little higher than I want. :confused:

My car sits a bit over 25" rear and front with 245 16s and 255 16s. That is measured from the ground thru the center of the wheel to the fender lip.

What are the measurements on yours?

About 26.5" with 235/60's and 275/50's. :(

It basically looks like it has stock springs. :confused:

The springs say Eibach on them - maybe they're not the pro kit? Does Eibach make any other springs for our cars? :confused:

your springs have to settle

Your new springs take a few weeks to settle sometimes. You can try using sandbags in the trunk to speed up the process for the rear.

hmm, this is strange. after installing the eibachs, my car sat exactly like it does in the above pic (btw, thats my car). they've been on there a few months now and they are still at the same height. that pic was taken a few weeks ago. my friend who helped me install these, recently put the same eibach springs on his car and his did what your's is doing, it raised the car. i have no idea why though... :confused:

Like TurboBrian said, I installed the Eibach pro springs in my car and it raised the front higher than stock. I tried to get the Eibach tech guy to do something for a month and finally just sent the springs back. I called every other day for several weeks and I got the same story about how their busy and he'd look into it and call me back. He never called back. I know I installed the spring right because I helped install TurboBrian's springs and his car looks great. I think they got a bad run on springs and wont admit to it :mad:. Eibach says the springs wont settle.

I'll back that up... he brings the car over and asks me, "so, whaddya think?". I says, "well, it either needs to settle or somethings wrong"

VERY easy to see the car was not right. If BJ cant install em correctly nobody can.

:D

S

i bought my springs from a different place than brian j did. i ordered through carparts.com and the ups label on the box said it was shipped from KC. if you can return your springs, maybe try ordering from carparts. they might still have some older stock if it is in fact a problem with a current batch of springs out there. i'd check their return policy before ordering in case you end up like you are now and have to send them back again.

just a thought...

You may want to consider cutting a coil off them.:eek: I have alot of friends that race fast Mustangs.:mad: Some of them had to cut a coil off the Eibach because they were a little too high in the front. When they did that it didn't seem to affect their launching performance. But it sure fix the problem of the car being to high up front. They did this on the Eibach drag kit.:)

The springs are about a year old. The car used to be owned by a friend of mine, who sold it to a dumbass kid (kid only bought it because the car had a street rep and was fast). Anyway, to make a long story short, the kid that bought it off my friend knows NOTHING about cars. He lost his license and get into some legal trouble. The car was going to get repoed, so I bought it cheap.

The Eibach's came with the car. It had a set of drag springs on it when I bought it. The Eibach's where on it about a year ago when my friend still owned it. They have about 5k miles on them.

The back sits fine, it's just the front. It seems to have settled a little, but it's still higher than the pictures of Brian's car. I'm thinking about just buying new springs (different brand probably). :confused:

It's also slightly leaning towards the passenger side in the back. Has all the body bushings and the body isn't bent - highly doubt the frame is bent. If I put air in the airbag it evens out. :confused:

I just want to get it sorted out so it doesn't sit like a monster truck. I want it to sit like Brian's car. :(

I had to cut a coil or two on the front to compensate for the rear. In about 2-3 years the springs settle alot, looks like from a 1" drop down to a 2-2.5" drop now.

I have the Pro-kit on my GN and it sits just like the car in the pic. It didn't take any time to settle either. The way it came off the lift is the way it sits now.

Jacob

Trying to decide what I should do. I don't know if I should pull the off or what.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by kenny
Trying to decide what I should do. I don't know if I should pull the off or what.

What do you guys think?
i'd take them off if i wasnt happy with them. something is obviously wrong with the front springs. they are advertised as 1" drop and i saw closer to 1.5" drop. if its raising your car thats certainly not right! you can take a chance and try to cut a coil or just return them.

I was reading about Project:Black Jack on the Turbo Magazine website [it's a Grand National. Yeah, a GN in a mostly import turbo magazine :) ]

They installed the Pro Kit springs and said that it only gave them a 1" drop in the rear and a 0.8" drop in the front.

To keep things simple, we elected to replace the shocks and add a set of Eibach lowering coils. The Eibach Pro Kit springs we are using have been designed to provide stock ride characteristics while delivering a moderate 1-inch drop in the rear and a 0.8-inch drop up front. The Pro Kit line provides the mildest drop.

For those wanting 1.75-to 2.25-inches of drop, Eibach manufacturers Sportline Kits. For drag racers, Eibach has its Drag Launch kits. Intended for straight-line acceleration, the kits have been designed for both front- and rear-drive applications. Eibach's Road race kits are wound for the track and are deemed too hard for street use. It should be noted that Eibach is much more than springs; the company offers anti-roll kits (sway bars), Pro control bars (sway bars) and Pro dampers (shocks and struts).

Here's the whole article if you want to read it.
http://www.turbomagazine.com/archives/tech/tech08_black.shtml

I believe Eibach rates them as a 1" drop.

Unfortunately, it really depends upon what you are comparing them to in the first place.

When I switched to the GSCA springs from stock, my car sat much higher in the front. When I went to the Eibachs, the car sat slightly lower in the front and was dropped all the way around.

I guess the only real comparison is to measure current ride height against the factory specs and then remeasure and compare again against factory specs after swapping the springs.