EGT temps with alky

the o2s arent different driving so long as egt temps at sensor are above 600*F which you should have driving around , eric runs open loop idle so the low temps and low response sensor really doesnt create any issues , if your exhaust is still restricted (cat converter, poor catback muffler system ) then the temps might stay up at op temp as they do pre turbo , if you had a closed loop idle chip then you might have issues and need to go with a heated sensor as most factory downstream sensors on obd11 cars,
the sensor mounted after turbo is just better able to show the true O2 (still narrowband but should show higher) at WOT under higher boost , no and low boost usually doesnt affect sensors as much as the high egts and pressure do

doesnt matter , you really shouldnt tune a car based on numbers from a sensor , rather tune the car for performance then look at what those sensor show and thats your target for your car , trying in future runs to not stray to far from those #s or looking for deviatiations from those sensors to spot problems early before they get worse, just as you would do with your oil pressure and water temp gauges

Thanks Paul, put my mind at rest a bit.

I'll aim for higher numbers, upper 800's maybe and tune from there, see where it goes. I'll leave the alky alone till I get the basic tune figured out.

Thanks again, and anything else I need to be aware of, please feel free to post. At the track fri through sunday so hopefully I can get the car dialled in.

heres some reading for you on O2 operation

OXYGEN SENSORS

bruce did a post a while back on the futility of tuning with narrowband
and i have to agree , but its safe to say keep o2 on the high side no KR ,
look at MPH at end of run , then try richer if mph goes down try leaner , see what your car likes
youll notice the stock O2 was designed around flipping at 14.7(stioch for gasoline) and by adding fuel and causing a flip acrross this point its gets a number then it pulls fuel and gets a low number then changes the fuel in fuel out trying to balance the two numbers evenly from the midpoint and result is stioch , but it isnt really capable of any accurate a/f reading or even assumption of one .

and most would not recommend less than 12.0AF (ricers tune to this number) for some reason buick guys like 11.5AF on gas or slightly richer and 10-11.0AF gas /alky,
the lc-1 WB is under 200 , but youll need a gauge , laptop or powerlogger to see the a/f

So using exhaust temps to tune to is not a lost cause then.

I've only had the O2 sensor and turbolink (and scanmaster which is always in the car) to go with in the past, but as you say, not the best method.

Would the EGT gauge be a much more consistant reference device?

I think I can see a wide band in my future. If I can get over for the GS nats again next year I'll see about picking one up.

Are there any types that are compatible with Turbolink I wonder. Something else to look into.

Thanks for all the help.