EGT probe

STP

Narrow A$$ Racing
I have an EGT probe that is reading funny...It's a probe with a yellow connector on the end of it that you plug the wires into...I didn't buy this setup so I have no idea where to get a replacement. Also hase the same type of plug where it goes into the digital meter. The meter is yellow and says UAEMC in bold letters on it. Anyone know where this stuff came from? Need a probe.. Scott

I'm not familiar with UAEMC (search google.com?), but you may want to try www.omega.com They have all kinds of thermocouples with mini connectors.

Originally posted by STP
I have an EGT probe that is reading funny...It's a probe with a yellow connector on the end of it that you plug the wires into...I didn't buy this setup so I have no idea where to get a replacement. Also hase the same type of plug where it goes into the digital meter. The meter is yellow and says UAEMC in bold letters on it. Anyone know where this stuff came from? Need a probe.. Scott

I would suggest you check your wiring first. The way the probes usually are is they either work or don't work no in between.

We also use a number of different probes at work and I have never seen one fail reading funny, either they work or don't.

Something else. If you buy a probe from someone else you will need to measure how long the wires are because this effects how the probe will read. The wires must be the same as what you got.

Take Care

Thx guys. This one reads crazy numbers then goes OL on the dig meter. I turn it on, it reads like 1900 degrees at idle and then goes OL. I checked the wiring last night and took all the connectors apart and everything was tight so only thing I know to do is try a probe. Any way to test it?

Check your connections to make sure they are not loose corroded. If in doubt cut them back and connect again.

They aren't corroded...This thing is about a year old..I flip it on and it reads 1900+/- degrees and then goes OL...I tried reconnecting the wires on both ends of the mini connectors but no luck. Hate to buy another probe, never heard of them going out. I'll try cutting the wires and reconnecting...

Originally posted by STP
Thx guys. This one reads crazy numbers then goes OL on the dig meter. I turn it on, it reads like 1900 degrees at idle and then goes OL. I checked the wiring last night and took all the connectors apart and everything was tight so only thing I know to do is try a probe. Any way to test it?

The only way to test a probe is to have a bead bath (for temp control) and a millivolt tester and a book to show what voltage it sends out at what temp.

Most people don't have the bead bath around

Take Care

when you drill for the probe can you leave the pipe on the car or do you have to remove it

I have drilled them into the upipe on the car before. I would let the car idle while you drilled if done on the car. The turbine wheel will spit it out : )