egr ?

ffej

i hope this isnt too stupid of a question. what are the signs of a bad egr? i havent driven my gn in a few years( i start it every year) last time i drove it every time i would get into it the check engine light would come on and stay on until i shut it off. then when i started it the light would stay off unless i stepped on it until the boost lights came on(digital dash). when the light comes on the car still seems to be running fine. the cars completely stock. thanks for any help,jeff

My 86 did the same thing. Your car has a blown fuse on the fuse panel, it powers up the wastegate solenoid, and the power also goes thru the transmission for the Torque convertor solenoid. The actual code would be 31 or 13 i forget..

Crawl under the dash, ECM/SOL fuse is bad. I guarantee it.

Now check the small wires that lead to the wastegate solenoid near the pass side header, make sure the wires did not get too hot and melt off some of the sheathing that covers the copper wire.
Replace the fuse, if it pops again, possible a pinched wire in the trans.

So replace fuse... drive car, if the fuse blows again, check wires.
Replace fuse again, unplug harness to trans and just drive normal, get into boost to pop fuse. If the fuse did not blow, there is a short in the transmission. Get your meter and check continuity between harness plug on trans to the case, i believe none should get continuity with your ohm meter.

Hopefully just replace the fuse and the issue will go away, Mine did. :) But i know alot about that setup from working on so many of these.

BW :)

bryan thought id let you know i finally got out to my shop and checked and sure enough the fuse was blown. it will be a few weeks before i can get the car started to see if it does it again but all the wires looked ok. thank you much for your help it sure saved alot of time,jeff