EGR and 4.1 intake question

MY85pontiac

im too old for this crap!
on the off chance i stick with a V6 over a buick 350 i have some questions about the 4.1 intake.

how well would the engine run without the EGR? i figure hot gases are only warming the incoming air and not helping the performance at all. personally i dont care either way but i thought i would ask since ive never owned a car that didnt have an EGR valve. if it helps or doesnt hinder the performance to not use an EGR could i fill the center in (just under where the carb mounts) with JB weld and smooth it out after it cures if i do modifications to the intake (http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/be.../281474-modification-4-1-4-barrel-intake.html) would it help with incoming air if i filled it in? i figure if i'm gonna modify the intake i might as well go all out and do whatever i can. also if i filled that center in would that make it just a split single plane? how would that effect how the engine ran?

i havent done anything to the intake yet but i'm open to other ideas that i can do to this intake.

Fill the ports where the heads mount to the intake. I did one of mine this way and never had an issue with it. I still have it but need to pull it off the Skyhawk so you can see what I did to it. Also use one of the early turbo valley pans. Much less EGR flow this way.

Felpro part number 96037.

thanks!

i started hacking into the 4.1 intake last night, i cant find a buyer so i'll make the most of this V6 and probably a freshly rebuilt one later on. its just easier for me to work with what i have.

so i guess i kinda committed myself to a V6. i dont want to work on an intake and then not use it. that would just be crazy!

Well I've got several sitting here right now that have been modified. It happens, believe me. I just got a Weiand that I will do some work on just because I can.