EFI Manifold Conversion

BeanSS

SlickSquid
Well folks I pulled the trigger on converting my carb intake manifold (Weiand) to an EFI one! There is a member on this forum who will do my injector bungs and fuel rails for me...

Charlie you said that you have some hot air parts laying around...I would like to scoop a few parts from you in the near future....I currently have a complete Hot Air engine harness and a 86-87 ECM....what other parts would i need to go Hot Air? Do I need to buy coil packs now? Im also wondering what kind of throttle body would I need,...Im not putting this engine together right away, im still taking my time with it...but I would like to get as many parts from you as could...Especially since you helped out with a butt ton of info...this way it can help fund your other projects!:biggrin:

Oh and on a side note...I have some ported heads for my 4.1 now as well!!
Hopefully this can turn into something cool huh?!
Oh and on a side note side not...
Did you see the ECM Upgrade forum? There are a couple guys that are playing around with MEGASQUIRT to be the brains of the car...Just came to me because I seen the ECM thread before I came in here, figured it be a cool read you'd probably like to check out

I'd say go to the HA section and look at the sticky first. It has most of the info you need and the catch here is if you want to try and use the distributor or not. It would be easier if you go with the coil packs rather than a distributor because you won't have to adapt anything special to the system. I know Norbs has adapted a distributor to a stock computer but he's only tested it and removed it. There were some issues with it.