edit

Everyone who has used paypal to pay the guy should immediately call and report his account. they have placed a hold on it and are investigating. I was told there is a possibility that if more come forward that the funds may be reversed.

Never received my part also... But did buy some stuff from him a few months ago with no issue.

Last edited:
Never received my part also... But did buy some stuff from him a few months ago with no issue.
Guess that was the bait that set the hook for the rest of us when we saw a good transaction.
Police report tomorrow for me. Back2Spool is filing a report as well. Looks like there are 6 of us now:

Back2Spool
Thundertoad
Troy D
Reedogg
87Limitedwo2 (me)
fatride (you)

If I have missed anyone, please lets add you to the list. Go fill out a police report so we can get this guy.
Justin

Guys, I don't think many banks would back you in cases like this. If your bank has, that's great. Another piece of advice on doing business with board members. I paid alpine455 (Eric Waine Kanack) via PayPal gift but rather than use my bank balance as the funding source I used my credit card. This costs a bit more, $20 in my case, but it provides a level of protection. Capital One has returned the funds to my account. But, like others have said it's best to be cautious and do business with individuals having a solid reputation here. I suppose I was excited by the prospect of getting a good deal on something I needed and accepted the risk.

I didn't yet because I sent as a friend. Didn't think there was anything they could do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Everyone who has used paypal to pay the guy should immediately call and report his account. they have placed a hold on it and are investigating. I was told there is a possibility that if more come forward that the funds may be reversed.
Do you have the person's name that you spoke to when you called so we can all talk to the same person to eliminate confusion.
Troy

Just Report it! Don't matter if its Friend, I sent it that way and they are looking into it also said there may be a chance of getting it back. But iff nobody reports the guy then we have less chance of getting back the money. Just call paypal and do it please.

They already put a hold on the guys account so they're looking into it. But if I'm the only one letting them know the guys a fraud then there's less chance of them doing anything about it. I talked to 2 different people but they should be able to reference the notes on his account currently being investigated.

I will tomorrow, I was always told there was nothing they could do if it was sent as a friend. I will call tomorrow and report back.

I did and was perhaps the first one. Was told since it was Friend/Family there was nothing they could do. But they did hear from me.
Justin

I called PayPal on Monday. They told me what I already knew, gift payments have no protection. She said his account was suspended but it's against policy to just return my money. Perhaps my call was noted and this will help others.

Moderators please jump in here and keep this guy from scamming anyone else.

I sent him an Email this morning to the Gmail acct he used for PayPal with no reply.
Im not sure if I will ever see my parts or $600 at this point.
For anyone reading this: DO NOT PayPal as a friend if don't know them and I mean really know them. I have no recourse through PayPal and its my own fault for that.

Justin

I would like to see a scammer watch list added to the site forums. I know there have been many people scammed on here. It hurts all of the people selling/buying parts. I feel bad for the people who have been scammed. If not for me reading through this entire thread I may have been a victim also as I am in the market for some uca's and lca's let's try to get a stickie section for scammers!! That really sucks for everyone that lost $$$ I hope they catch the SOB!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk