Edelbrock IAS

Tom Walker

Tommy2Tone
Well I listened, and the choice came down to Bilstein & Edelbrock. Gonna try the IAS's. Hope they ride and perform as well as I've read. Not a lot of people using them yet, so I hope to have some good results to report. New front and rear end, new shocks. Hope it feels like a new car.

Tom Walker said:
Well I listened, and the choice came down to Bilstein & Edelbrock. Gonna try the IAS's. Hope they ride and perform as well as I've read. Not a lot of people using them yet, so I hope to have some good results to report. New front and rear end, new shocks. Hope it feels like a new car.

I tried them, and then went to the Bilsteins.
While they (the IAS) offer a slightly better turn in, due to their firmness, overall handling, and ride suffered, IMO.

I had them on my monte for 2 summers and loved them, I'm now changing to drag shocks, regardless they worked well for what I wanted them for.

i had them on a 99 crown vic police interceptor, and while the performance of that car is nothing compared to TRs, the handling was much better after changing shocks, springs and wheels/tires. i didn't think ride quality suffered really at all.. it seemed to still soak up bumps nicely (although with the low sidewall height it was rough at times, but i don't think bc of the shocks)

Anyone else

Anyone else wanna share their feelings on the Edelbrock shocks? I'd like to hear all 1st. hand opinions on them, please.

I just put the set of IAS on my Cutlass... but I can't drive it until spring b/c its in storage. Sorry I can't help at the moment...

have them on the '86 (Stole them off the '84 now it has no shocks , coudln't drive the '84 anyways) im very happy w/ them, especially considering the '86 still had the original shocks on it, that were shot, it made a noticeable difference, even seemed to take some of the ass end jiggle out, that our cars do

I have the IAS on my GN for 2 years now. I've been in GN's with Bilstein, K&B, and a few other brands. I like the ride from the IAS over all of them. It's a personal prefrence but I think they are the best shock out there for the GN. They are the best for street / strip use IMO. I also did new springs all the way around and air bags when I did it. I only keep the minimal amount of air in the bags.

IAS installed

Well, it's all installed and feels very stout. New suspension and shocks finally done. Should I have the factory spec alignment done for spirited street driving, or are there some adjustments that should be made + or -? Never done this before, so any help will be, once again, most appreciated.

Finally done

Well, it's finally done. Got it back from the alignmt. shop Sat. Drives like it's on rails, except for the hard tires. Need better tires in 15", if possible. Hpoe to go to TTII's in 17" eventually. This year I need a paint job. Money is tight and with Delphi sitting to strike, I need to stay trim $$$wise. Any advise?
See earlier post about Edelbrock IAS for more on my situation. HELP!!!